It’s the New Year and there are a lot of things that are probably going on in your mind. How are you going to turn this New Year into a brand new success? You might have already set some plans for yourself. However, there are certain things you need to consider as you walk into 2020. Here are some of them:
1. It is important to change. Unless you think of any radical change in your life, your new year will be the same as last year. Think of a way in which you can bring about a change this 2020.
2. Live your life like you always wanted. You don’t have to listen to others; you don’t have to dictate over others. No need to explain everything to everyone. You can just live your life in your way. No need for justifications.
3. Value your opinions. Don’t let anyone tell you that your opinion doesn’t matter. You can disagree with someone and that does not take away the value of your opinion. It just means you are disagreeing with someone else’s opinion. There’s no need to fight it off or feel inferior.
4. Don’t try to take control of everything. Understand the reason behind a problem rather than blaming yourself. You can’t take your kids to the carnival while your neighbor, who has a car can. Understand that you have your reasons and they are justified.
5. Friends are important but they are not more important than your mental health. So, choose your friends correctly. If you have toxic friends who are only trying to pull you down, then maybe it’s time to say goodbye to them. You’re better off without them.
6. Time is essential. Time is valuable. So, this New Year, don’t lose out on time. Learn to value time, if you think that not going to some party is better, then don’t go. Spend time with others in a planned way. Time once lost never comes back.
7. You are strong. You are a problem-solver. Life can throw you in any situation and you can come out of it. You might be bruised but you are not defeated. Know that you are strong and you can deal with any difficulty this year throws at you.
8. Work towards your goal. If you have a goal, it’s time to reach it. You are done procrastinating. If you want to be a poet, then this is the time. Write one poem every week this year. Enter that creative phase.
9. Don’t make New Year resolutions. Doing something on a whim doesn’t work, planning does. So, plan how you will spend this year. And match that planning with true work.
10. Don’t make excuses for your partners. If you are in a toxic relationship or if it is not working then it’s time to move on. You don’t need old problems in this New Year. 2020 is for the new.
Make 2020 something special. Bring novelty in your life- bring change.